- This event has passed.
Air Safety Institute Safety Seminar: Collision Course
January 22 @ 19:00 - 21:00 UTC-7Free
Collision Course – Mesa, AZ – Jan. 22, 2018
Presented by Tom Curran January 22, 2018 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Collision Course: Avoiding Airborne Traffic
The “big sky” can get awfully small when multiple aircraft are in the vicinity. Even with ATC support and traffic displays, near misses happen too frequently and midair collisions still happen. Advanced technologies which ensure more precise course and altitude tracking and more aircraft converging on fewer airports all work to shrink the “big sky”.
ASI’s new seminar looks at the problem from a risk management perspective. We identify high-risk scenarios and locations, then lay out strategies for avoiding them. From congested corridors to frenetic fly-ins, we talk about:
- Human eye limitations that impact the “see and avoid” philosophy
- Proven techniques on enhancing visual scan effectiveness
- Maximizing your visibility to other aircraft
- The promise and peril of cockpit technology
- “Danger zones” you may not be aware of
Visit the event website to RSVP for this free event from AOPA and ASI. This event qualifies for FAA WINGS credit.