Tucson International tower is contacting flight schools in Arizona to update them on an upcoming construction project. Here are the details from the tower (PDFs of the airport are available for download at the bottom of this post):
Construction at Tucson International Airport
- No pattern work. Straight in full stop only.
- Runway 11L-29R closed nightly from 9 PM to 5 AM.
October 5 through November 17
- Runway 11L MALSR OTS
October 8 through October 20
- Taxiway Alpha rerouted through terminal ramp. Expect taxi delays.
October 16 through November 17
- TUS ILS/LOC/GS/DME OTS
October 20 through November 3
- Runway 11L threshold relocated to near Alpha 7.
- Runway 11L/29R TORA, TODA, ASDA, and LDA = 8,157
November 3 through November 17
- Runway 11L threshold relocated to Alpha 1
- TORA, TODA, ASDA = 8,948. LDA = 8,121
- Runway 29R threshold relocated near Alpha 13
- TORA, TODA, ASDA, and LDA 8,121
KTUS – Construction Phase One Airport Diagram (0.26 MB, requires Adobe Reader.)
KTUS – Construction Phase Two Airport Diagram (0.26 MB, requires Adobe Reader.)
KTUS – Construction Phase Three Airport Diagram (0.26 MB, requires Adobe Reader.)